Rev. Donald J. Ahearn Scholarship
Rev. Donald J. Ahearn Scholarship Award
Father Don Ahearn was pastor of Saint Juliana Parish from 1975 to 1995, when he retired from active priesthood. He continued to reside at our parish as pastor emeritus until his passing in January 2017. For the forty-two years Father Ahearn lived at our parish he was a much-beloved pastoral leader and, together with long-time principal, Sr. Remy Schaul, he presided over our school during years of extraordinary growth and development.
There was no greater proponent of Catholic education than Father Ahearn, and upon his passing the parish received a bequest from his estate to directly benefit families seeking to enroll their child in our school for the first time. Father Ahearn's bequest is funding a scholarship award named in his honor that will annually grant up to $2,000 to two students newly enrolling in our school in grades K-8 for the first time. Parents may apply to renew the award in succeeding years.
Building the Father Ahearn Scholarship Fund
We are grateful to Father Ahearn for making this opportunity available to our families and seek to grow the fund, building upon his legacy and granting awards to additional new students in the coming years. We've already received our first donation of $500!
To add your own donation, you may visit GiveCentral at the link below and make a one-time or recurring donation, or direct your check to the parish office. Your donation to the Rev. Donald J. Ahearn Scholarship Fund is 100% tax-deductible.
St. Juliana Parish
Attn: Father Ahearn Scholarship Fund
7200 N. Osceola Ave.
Chicago, IL 60631
Applying for the Father Ahearn Award
The scholarship will be awarded to two new St. Juliana School students entering Kindergarten-8th grade each year and may be renewed in subsequent years if the family re-applies. Total scholarship value is up to $2,000 annually per child and will be applied to tuition. Actual amount awarded to each recipient will be based on demonstrated need.
- Student must be a full-time Kindergarten-8th grade student newly enrolling at St. Juliana School.
- Family must demonstrate financial need by submitting the FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment. All financial information will be kept confidential.
- Student must be in good academic and behavioral standing throughout the year, in accordance with the St. Juliana Family Handbook.
How to Apply
- Complete the FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment by May 15, 2021
- Send an e-mail to email@example.com explaining why you want your child(ren) to attend St. Juliana School and how you will benefit from this scholarship.
Scholarship recipients will be announced by May 25, 2021.